To add a new Opportunity you must open a Record that you wish to add the Opportunity to. Each Opportunity must belong to a Record.
In the Record Details view of the desired Record, select
A new dialog appears with fields to help capture all of the information you have on the Opportunity.
Set an Opportunity Description (a short subject-line that will help you identify the Opportunity at a glance) and select whether the Record this opportunity belongs to an
(as opposed to a prospect).
There are four sections available to enter information with the following available fields:
- Opportunity Type: A broad classification of the Opportunity. These options may be changed in List Maintenance.
- Sub-Type: Used to further classify the Opportunity if needed. For example if the Type is Insurance; what kind of Insurance? These also may be edited it List Maintenance.
- Urgency: A self-defined field denoting the importance of following this Opportunity.
- Owner: The User/Employee who is responsible for pursuing this Opportunity.
- Status: The current status of the Opportunity, ie In Progress, Pending, Lingering. These options may be changed in List Maintenance.
- Office: If you have multiple Offices specified in the Firm Information tab of your Firm Profile, which Office this Opportunity belongs to.
- Identified By: The Firm User/Employee who brought this Opportunity into the system.
- Date Identified: When the Opportunity was first added.
- Comments: Similar to the Notes of an Action, any additional details you need to make note of to describe the Opportunity that are not covered by the fields available.
- Next Step: What needs to or will be done next to pursue this Opportunity.
Projected and Actual Revenue
- Projected Recurring Revenue, Non-Recurring Revenue, and Asset Value: Used to estimate the value of the Opportunity.
- Temperature: A self-defined field denoting the interest of your client in the Opportunity. These options may be changed in List Maintenance.
- Probability: A self-defined field denoting your expectations of the likelihood of closing the Opportunity.
- Projected Close Date: If you have an expectation of when the Opportunity will close, fill it in here.
- Channel: How did this Opportunity come to you? These options may be changed in List Maintenance.
- Referred By: If the channel was a referral, who gave you the referral. This must be an existing Record in AE CRM. Click to search for a Record to link as the referring individual.
- Referring Entity: Instead of or in conjunction with a person, you may specify an Entity from which the referral came, such as an Accounting Firm. Click to search for a Record to link as the referring entity.
- Contact: If there is someone to contact regarding the source other than the referring person or entity, that Record may be listed here. Click to search for a Record to link as the contact.
- Channel Detail: If more specific information is needed beyond Channel, this may be set here. For example, if Channel is Flyer, you may specify here which particular mailing you sent that brought the Opportunity. These options may be changed in List Maintenance.
- Current Custodian/Provider: The current Entity responsible for the Opportunity. These options may be changed in List Maintenance.
- Competition: If anyone else is competing for this Opportunity, you may list it here.
Once you have entered all the relevant information, be sure to click
to confirm adding the Opportunity to your database.
When the status of the Opportunity changes in any way, you can Update the Opportunity appropriately to track its status.
Linking an Opportunity to an Action
AdvisorEngine CRM gives you the ability to link a created Opportunity to one or more Actions. When viewing that Action, the Opportunity will be referenced and may be opened directly from the Action once it is linked. See Linking Items to Actions for ...
Adding a New Record
Prior to adding a new Record, it's important to know which information you will be storing in each Record. To help you determine which fields you should populate, AdivsorEngine Training has created the Important Fields Best Practice sheet. Tip: The ...
Adding New Users
To add a new User to AdvisorEngine CRM, you must have a free CRM license. Adding a New User Navigate to Settings > User Profiles. Click +New User 1. The Enter User Information window will appear. In the Name & Details tab, enter the following ...
All potential new business can be captured as an Opportunity in AdvisorEngine CRM. Each Opportunity is associated with a Record. Opportunities can be viewed globally or at the Record level. The Opportunities Workspace is accessed from the Site ...
Updating or Deleting an Opportunity
To update or delete an Opportunity, first open the detail view of the Opportunity you wish to modify, then click the Edit button in the upper-right corner. When updating an Opportunity, some new fields are available that are not present when Adding ...