Linking an Opportunity to an Action
AdvisorEngine CRM gives you the ability to link a created Opportunity to one or more Actions. When viewing that Action, the Opportunity will be referenced and may be opened directly from the Action once it is linked.
See Linking Items to Actions for a general overview of how linked items function.
To link an Opportunity, you may either link an Opportunity to an Action as you create or edit the Action, or you may select an Opportunity and create an Action from it, linking the Opportunity automatically.
Linking from an Existing Action
- Open an Action in Edit view. (This can be either an existing Action or during the creation of a new Action.)
- Click in the Link To line. (If you do not see the Link To line, click the view tab on the right of the Action.) A Grid appears listing the Opportunities in the Record.
- Find the Opportunity to link to the Action. Click Edit in the Commands column. (You may need to scroll right to find the Commands column.)
- Select the . checkbox and then Save
- Click when finished.
Creating an Action from an Opportunity
To create a new Action from an Opportunity:
- Navigate to the Opportunities Workspace.
- Select the checkbox for the Opportunity you wish to link to a new Action.
- Click the drop-down from the toolbar and choose the template you wish to start from.
- From here, create the Action as you normally would.
After saving and adding the Action, the Opportunity you selected at the start will be linked to the created Action.
Linking Assets to Actions
Like many other components of AdvisorEngine CRM, Assets may be linked to an Action to easily access data about the Asset when reviewing the Action. Please see Linking Items to Actions for general details on how linked items work. To link an Asset to ...
Linking Items to Actions
AdvisorEngine CRM gives you the ability to link many other CRM components to Actions. This article will cover the possibilities in brief and link to the expanded details of how to link any particular item. The following components can be linked to an ...
Adding an Opportunity
To add a new Opportunity you must open a Record that you wish to add the Opportunity to. Each Opportunity must belong to a Record. In the Record Details view of the desired Record, select Tools > Add Opportunity. A new dialog appears with fields to ...
Linking Calendar Appointments to Actions
Note: To use Calendar features, your Calendar must first be Added to AdvisorEngine CRM. Linking calendar appointments to Actions allows for quick reference between an Action and its related appointment. The following steps show how to add an Action ...
Action Overview View
The Action Overview view is your primary means of viewing the details of an Action, seeing all related Actions and linked items, and making any necessary changes or updates to the Action. To enter the Overview view for an Action, select that Action ...