Establishing Relationships Between Records
AdvisorEngine CRM allows you to relate a Record to any number of other Records for purposes of keeping the relationships between the Records easily identified. For example, you could relate a parent’s Record to the children’s Records, a CPA’s Record to the client’s, or a trust’s Record to the beneficiaries. Every Relationship created is a two-way link that will appear in both Records once established.
- Open one of the Records in the Relationship pair you want to establish.
- Navigate to Details > Relationships.
- Click . A new sub-window opens.
- In the Search for Person or Entity Record box, enter search criteria to locate the Record you want to relate to.
- Select the Record from the results box.
- Select an option from How is this record related to what you selected? drop-down.
Select an option from How is what you selected related to this record? drop-down. This will be the reciprocal relationship of what you chose in the previous drop-down.
Fill in any of the optional fields as needed.
Click to establish the new Relationship. You are returned to the Relationships Grid and see the new Relationship entry populate.
- For example, if you were on George Andrews Record and had selected his son’s Record from the search results, you would select Parent here. (The options in this list can be changed in List Maintenance.)
Can I Report on Informational Contacts?
It is not possible to report globally on Informational Contacts. If the people you have listed as Informational Contacts are some you want to report on, consider making Records for them and associating them with Relationships. However, like most ...
Viewing All Record Relationships
AdvisorEngine CRM enables you to view all relationships you have established between Records from the Relationships area of each Record. Navigate to the Record Workspace. Click Tools > Record Relationships. The Record Relationship Grid will display.
What Is a Record? Records are your primary point for storing information in AdvisorEngine CRM. Everything you do in the system happens within or is tied to one or more Records. Understanding the structure of Records and consistently populating them ...
Company and other Entity Records
Records for Companies can be entered and tracked in more than one way in AdvisorEngine CRM. See the options below to determine which will best suit your firm’s requirements for tracking and reporting. Single Company Record: Create one Record for the ...
AdvisorEngine CRM has the capability to generate a printable report of a Record, containing the details of whichever Record sections you wish to include. Navigate to the Record you want to print. In the upper-right, select Tools > Reports > Record ...