The following article covers the details of a User Profile in AdvisorEngine CRM. For information on the User Profile management Grid, see Managing User Profiles.
Accessing a User Profile
To open your own User Profile, click the user icon in the upper-right of AE CRM and select .
To manage another User’s profile, use the User Profiles Grid (Settings > User Profiles).
User Profile Sections
The User profile is broken up into four tabs.
- Name & Details
- Contact Information
- User Preferences
Each section is detailed below.
Name & Details Tab
The following fields are available in the Name & Details tab. Use the
button to make any changes.
- Office: Set which Offices the User belongs to. See Managing Record Visibility through Offices for more information.
- Username 1: The email address used to log in to AE CRM. This is also the primary email address used for communication.
- First Name 1
- Middle Name
- Last Name 1
- Birth Date
- Locked out for log in attempt failures: This box will be checked if the user has hit the limit of five bad password attempts. See Unlocking a User Account for more information.
- Picture: A photo of the User may be uploaded from a local drive here.
- Hire Date: Date the User began working for the firm.
- Title: The User’s job title at the firm.
- Primary Role 1: Indicates the User’s primary role (or closest match) at the firm.
- Secondary Role: Optionally if the User has additional roles at the firm.
- Active: If this box is checked, the User can log in and use AE CRM. Each active User requires one CRM license. See Managing Active Users and Licenses for more information.
- Show on Advisor List: If this box is selected, the User is considered an advisor in the firm and will show in the relevant Record-level fields. The User must also be an Active User to appear in the Advisor lists.
- FirmID: An internal code used by AE CRM that cannot be changed.
- Administrative User: User has full access rights to manage other Users in AE CRM. This includes changing passwords, unlocking users, and controlling Multi-Factor Authentication phone resets. This is not the same as belonging to any Administrator User Groups created by the firm.
- User Groups: A list of User Groups that the User is assigned to. See Feature Security and User Groups for more information.
- Orion Rep Codes: Used only if your firm makes use of the Orion Asset Import (API or Unattended).
1 Required Field
Contact Information Tab
If your firm uses Multi-Factor Authentication, your MFA Phone is entered and updated from this section.
The remainder of the content in the Contact Information tab is strictly for firm use and does not appear anywhere else in AE CRM. Enter whatever employee details you feel are relevant in this section.
Note that the User’s Primary Email is the Username set in the Name & Details tab.
User Preferences Tab
User Preferences largely control access to various integration services that AE CRM offers, with the exception of the Alerts preference.
- Alerts: Set the Alert Popup Reminder on if you want a pop-up box in the bottom right to notify you when you have unread Alerts.
- Document Management Setup: Used with various Document integration features. The setup documentation for your integration will direct you here if needed.
- Email Configuration: These settings allow you to configure AE CRM so you can send emails directly from within the CRM, access your calendar in AE CRM, and set your default email signature. See the following for more information.
- Integrations: The various options here are all explained as part of the setup process for the respective integrations. If your firm is using any of the available integrations, see the documentation for that particular integration to see if anything needs to be adjusted in your profile.
- Microsoft 365 (Online): Used with the Microsoft 365 Email integration.
- Prospect Defaults: Used with Webform Entries.
- Record Details: When opening a Record, control whether you land on the Record Summary page, or the last section of a Record you viewed.
The Password tab allows you to change your password and challenge question (if enabled).
Administrative Users editing another User’s profile can change the password without entering the current password. Alternatively, they can re-send the AE CRM invite email so the User can set their own new password.
A password change cannot be done if the User is Locked for failed login attempts. Check the Name & Details tab to clear this box if needed.