The Report Assistant allows you to run PDF or Excel Reports for the firm from one of the five major categories of AdvisorEngine CRM data: Actions, Assets, Insurance, Opportunities, or Records.
Reports are built on Advanced Searches. Advanced Searches allow you to specify the “who” you want to report on; the Report Assistant allows you to specify the “what” you want to see about them. It is recommended to build the Advanced Search you want to report from first before starting with the Report Asssitant.
Running a Report
The Report Assistant can be launched from the Home Screen tile, the Site Navigation bar, or the Reports menu from most Workspaces.
- Select the category that you want to report on and click .
- If you have previously run a report and saved its configuration, you can select it here. Otherwise click and click .
- Specify the group to be reported on and click :
Specify the formatting of the report output and click . Again, if you loaded a saved Report, these options will be pre-selected for you.
- To report on all entries in the category selected in Step 1, select <Select All XXXXXXX> (where XXXXXXX is the category you selected in Step 1) from the Select a Category drop-down.
- If you have an Advanced Search already created to report on, select it from the Category and Select an Advanced Search drop-downs. If you selected a saved report in Step 2, this will be pre-selected for you.
- If you do not have an Advanced Search prepared, you can click
to be taken to the Advanced Search tool. When finished you will be returned to this step.
Your final report results are displayed in a Grid.
- Select the output format: Portrait, Landscape, or Export to Excel.
- Select fields and the order you want to include them in the report. Double click a field on the left or use
to move it to the right column to be included in the report. The number of fields you can select may be limited by your output format choice above.
- If you selected Portrait or Landscape output, you can click to open/download your final report. (You may have to enable pop-ups to receive the report.)
- To export the results to Excel, use the Export to Excel command on the right side of the Grid.
- To save the settings of this Report for later use, select a Category, enter a Report Name, and click . Only the settings are saved, the contents of the report are refreshed from the selected Advanced Search each time it is run.
Note: The Report Name will also appear on the header of your report if you generate a PDF.
Once you have exported and/or saved the results to your satisfaction, you may navigate away from the page however you like.
File Not Downloading When Selected
Downloading a file from AdvisorEngine CRM may seem to fail without any error. This typically occurs as a result of pop-up blocker settings in your browser. Check your address bar for an indicator: Though you can circumvent the immediate pop-up block ...
Customizing the Appearance of Reports
The Report Customization panel allows you to change various static features of printed AdvisorEngine CRM reports, such as the location and image for your Firm Logo, the font settings, page numbers, and your Firm Title. Customizing Report Appearance ...
How do I include Record ID in a Grid or Report?
Many firms use the ID of a Record as a point of reference. However, adding the RecordID column to a Grid or including it within a report in the Report Assistant results in unhelpful output like this: Instead, select the UIRecordID column. This will ...
AdvisorEngine CRM has the capability to generate a printable report of a Record, containing the details of whichever Record sections you wish to include. Navigate to the Record you want to print. In the upper-right, select Tools > Reports > Record ...
Primary Contact Info Report
AdvisorEngine CRM is designed to allow each Record, Person 1, or Person 2 to have their own entries of each kind of contact info (phone, email, or address). For each kind of Contact Info that a point of contact (Record, Person 1, or Person 2) has, ...