Document Templates Overview
Document Templates allow you to efficiently pre-fill and pre-format emails, letters, envelopes, labels, or any other document that uses regularly repeated information or merged data.
AdvisorEngine CRM includes a number of pre-built Templates that you can use or adapt for your firm. You also have the option to create your own Templates in the Online Editor or within Microsoft Word using our offline Template Kit.
Document Templates are stored in the Document Templates Workspace. From the Site Navigation bar, select Documents > Document Templates.
The Document Templates Workspace is similar in layout and navigation to the Global Document View of the Documents Workspace, but some of the functions are different.
The following are available:
- Navigate Templates: Templates are all stored in one of three categories: Email, Envelope/Label, or Letter. Navigate the categories with the folders on the left.
- Create Template: Build a new Template within the Online Document Editor.
- Upload Template: Add a Template to your database that you created with the offline Template Kit.
- Download Template Kit: Use this kit to create Templates on your local PC through Microsoft Word.
- Available from the quick menu on a template:
- Edit Template Properties: Change the Description, Type, Document Tags, or Folder of the Template.
- Edit Template Online: Open the Template in the online Document Editor to make changes.
- Download Template: Download the Template in a .doc format for offline use or editing.
- Delete Template: Remove the Template from your database. This cannot be undone.
The Document Template Workspace is used to manage your templates but not to put them into use. To use a Template, take advantage of one of the following features of AE CRM:
Creating New Document Templates
This article covers creating a Document Template using the Online Document Editor. To see how to create Templates offline in Microsoft Word, see the article on the Template Kit. To create a new Document Template using the Online Document Editor: Use ...
The Documents features of AdvisorEngine CRM allow you to store any files that are needed and relevant to a particular Record. This could include all correspondence history, important forms, or anything else you find necessary. Note: The help ...
What Is an Action? Actions are an extremely powerful and flexible component of AdvisorEngine CRM to help you track everything you’ve done. The short definition of an Action would be “Anything you do on, or behalf of a Record.” As such, every Action ...
Workflow Templates Overview
Workflow Templates drive every Action in AdvisorEngine CRM. Whenever you go to add an Action to a Record, the list of Actions that you choose from is actually a list of every active Workflow Template in your database. Some of these are single-step, ...
Document Workspace Overview
The Document Workspace provides a location for you to view all the documents associated with a Record and make any necessary changes. The Document Workspace may be accessed globally or on an individual Record. The global workspace will allow you to ...