Creating a new document for a single Record from scratch may be started from a few different areas of AdvisorEngine CRM.
If you wish to create and add a document for multiple Records simultaneously, see Creating Mass Letters.
- Go to the Document Workspace, search for the Record on the left, select the Record folder, and click
- Open a Record, navigate to Documents > AdvisorEngine CRM Documents and click .
- Open an Action in Edit mode and click More > Create Document. (This will link the new document to the Action automatically.)
The online Document Editor will open. Create your document with the appropriate content.
Once you are finished with your Document, click
to populate any merge fields you used and open the Document Properties dialog.
Be sure to fill in the details accurately and consistently.
- Folder: Select the folder within the Record to store the file or create a new folder.
- File Name: The actual name of your file.
- Description: An internal-use short description of the file contents to provide information on the file without needing to open it.
- Created By: An automatically populated field that shows the User who added the file to AE CRM. Can be edited if needed.
- Type: The type of file stored.
- Tags: Much like Record or Action Tags, you can add Tags to documents for easy searching and retrieval later.
When all the information is complete, click to store the completed document in the CRM. You will be returned to where you began.
Creating New Document Templates
This article covers creating a Document Template using the Online Document Editor. To see how to create Templates offline in Microsoft Word, see the article on the Template Kit. To create a new Document Template using the Online Document Editor: Use ...
New User Module 3-3: Documents and Correspondence
Documents Overview Learn about document storage in AE CRM. Documents Overview Adding Documents Learn how to get documents into a Record. Uploading Documents Creating New Documents Managing Documents and Folders Learn how to maintain your document ...
Adding New Users
To add a new User to AdvisorEngine CRM, you must have a free CRM license. Adding a New User Navigate to Settings > User Profiles. Click +New User 1. The Enter User Information window will appear. In the Name & Details tab, enter the following ...
Linking Documents to Actions
AdvisorEngine CRM gives you the ability to link Documents to Actions. When viewing the Action, the Document will be referenced and may be opened directly from the Action once it is linked. When linking a Document to an Action, you have the option of ...
The Documents features of AdvisorEngine CRM allow you to store any files that are needed and relevant to a particular Record. This could include all correspondence history, important forms, or anything else you find necessary. Note: The help ...