Selecting Recipients and Launching the Correspondence Editor
- Navigate to the Records Workspace.
- Use the row checkboxes to select the Records you wish to communicate with.
From the toolbar, choose . A Grid of intended recipients will appear.
Verify the intended recipients in the Grid. Any you wish to not include can be unchecked. Click to proceed to drafting your email.
- You can use Grid Features and Searches to create a recipient list, combined with the feature to quickly communicate with a group having a common criteria.
- All recipients without a Record Primary address will automatically be removed and flagged for your attention.
- Recipients with the No Mail box checked will be automatically deselected and flagged for your attention.
The Correspondence Assistant - Letter editor will load in AE CRM’s online Document Editor.
Using the Correspondence Assistant
The Correspondence Assistant carries over all the functions of AE CRM’s standard online Document Editor, with some features added specifically for composing a letter. Features of the document editor unique to creating a single letter include:
||Create Labels & Envelopes
||Merge and download a Microsoft Word document formatted for printing on labels or an envelope. This can also be done as part of the final merge and save process below.
||By default the Merge data is directed at the Record Primary address. Use this button to change the intended recipient to another address on the Record. All Record-based Address merge fields will pull from the address you select here instead of the Record Primary address if you change this option.
If you are unfamiliar with the standard features of the online Document Editor, please review the documentation on its advanced features, including pasting content, using merge fields, and loading templates.
Creating a Mass Letter
- Draft the content of your letter.
- When your letter is entirely prepared, click .
- Decide whether to create an Action regarding this letter. If so:
- Click the checkbox for .
- In the following drop-down, select the Workflow Template to use for the created Action. Only Active, single-step Workflow Templates can be used. (If you want this template to be pre-selected for Letter Actions, click the checkbox.)
- If any additional detail is needed, click to enter more information about this letter in the Action.
Warning! Be careful which settings you select for the Action you create. Adding an Action with Action Required will create a pending Action for each recipient.
- Decide whether to create a Recipient List, and name the list appropriately if so. Note that the letter will not appear in Correspondence History unless this option is selected.
- If you need envelopes or labels to go along with the letter, check the checkbox and select the appropriate template from the drop-down.
- Choose how the letter will be stored in the documents section of the Record. At minimum, you must enter a File Name.
Click to save the Action, fill any merge fields, and begin preparing the letter.
- It is recommended to also populate the Description, Type, and Tags to provide context for the communication in the future.
You will receive a System Alert when the merged document is complete. The system alert will contain a download link to your merged document. It will also have links to your recipient list and/or envelope/label document if you chose to create either.
Creating Mass Envelopes or Labels
Envelopes or Labels for multiple Records can be created as part of Creating Mass Letters in AdvisorEngine CRM, but the following process allows you to create Envelopes or Labels independent of any other communication. Navigate to the Records ...
Creating Single Letters
Launching the Correspondence Editor You can begin drafting an individual letter from multiple areas of AdvisorEngine CRM. Options include: Select a single Record from the Record Workspace. From the toolbar, choose Document > Letter. From within a ...
Creating New Documents
Creating a new document for a single Record from scratch may be started from a few different areas of AdvisorEngine CRM. If you wish to create and add a document for multiple Records simultaneously, see Creating Mass Letters. Go to the Document ...
Making Mass Changes to Records
AdvisorEngine CRM features a tool that allows you to make mass changes to certain Record fields, saving the need to edit each Record individually. The Record Data Change Tool allows edits to the following Record fields: Classifications Tags Interests ...
Creating Birthday Correspondence
Using the Birthdays tool in AdvisorEngine CRM allows you to quickly and easily create birthday correspondence. You can send personalized emails, create letters, or just print mailing labels for the current month’s birthdays. Navigate to the Record ...