Your email integration must be set up before this function is available. See Email and Calendar Setup
for instructions on enabling this feature.
Launching the Email Editor
You can begin drafting an individual email from multiple areas of AdvisorEngine CRM. Options include:
- Select a single Record from the Record Workspace. From the toolbar, choose
- From within a Record, click
- From within a Record, click any email address from the Record Summary cards.
- From the Email grid in a Record, use the Reply, Reply to All, or Forward buttons.
- From within an Action, while in edit mode, click More > Send Email.
Users of the Microsoft 365 Outlook Online Add-in will have Outlook open in a new tab for them to Draft and send the email through Outlook. All other users will continue below to the CRM Correspondence Editor.
The Correspondence Assistant - Email editor will load in AE CRM’s online Document Editor. The To: field will pre-populate with the Record Primary email address. If “Incl. Add'l Emails” was selected, all other email addresses on the Record marked Add'l will also be entered.
If you have an email signature configured, it will be pre-filled in the email body.
Using the Email Editor
The email editor carries over all the functions of the CRM’s standard online Document Editor, with some features added specifically for email. Features of the document editor unique to sending a single email include:
- Add email addresses here, or click the buttons to add email addresses directly from Records. :
- Attach a file to the email directly from the Record’s document folder. :
- Attach a file to the email from your local PC. The file will be stored in the Record’s attachments document folder after the email is sent. :
- Use this button to change your default :Email Signature in AE CRM and apply it to the current email.
- Use this button to insert your email signature at the current cursor position. :
If you are unfamiliar with the standard features of the online Document Editor, please review the documentation on its advanced features, including pasting content, using merge fields, and loading templates.
Note: If you have an Email Signature set up, opting to load a Template will remove the signature and load only the content of the Template. Use the button to add your signature to the appropriate location within the document.
Sending a Single Email
- Draft the content of your email, including entering the recipients, the subject line, and any attachments.
- When your email is entirely prepared, click .
- Unless you started from an Action, an Action will be created and the email attached to the Action:
- In the Add Action to Records Using drop-down, select the Action Template to use for the created Action. Only Active, single-step Workflow Templates can be used. (If you want this template to pre-populate for emails, select the checkbox.)
- If any additional detail is needed, click to enter more information about this email in the Action.
- Decide whether to create a Recipient List, and name the list appropriately if so. Note that the email will not appear in Correspondence History unless this option is selected.
- Select the folder the merged email will be stored on each recipient’s Record.
Click to save the Action, fill any merge fields, and send the email.
- It is recommended to also populate the Description, Type, and Tags to provide context for the communication in the future.
You will receive a System Alert when the email send is complete. The system alert will contain a download link to your recipient list if you chose to create one.