Creating Recurring Actions
Before creating a Recurring Action, be sure to review Recurring Actions Overview to understand the details of what makes up a Recurring Action and when to use them.
- Locate the Record you want to apply a Recurring Action to and open it in Record Detail view.
- Navigate to the Workflows > Recurring Action Definition section of the Record.
- Click .
- Set the Range of Recurrence.
Set the Recurrence Pattern. There are a number of flexible options here between setting the interval type (daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly) and the number of these between occurrences (Every...). Explore the available options and check the preview calendar underneath to set the exact recurrence pattern you’re looking for.
- From: Set the date that the Recurring Action Definition will be effective from. This is not the date you want the first Action to be due. The From date should be at least one full interval before the first due date.
- End: Set how long the Recurring Action Definition will be active for. You can set it to continue indefinitely (No end date), to end after a set number of occurrences, or end on a given date.
Set the Action/First Step Pending On. This is the date that the Action will actually appear in AdvisorEngine CRM. It can be a number of days prior to the due date, or as soon as the previous occurrence is completed.
Review the Occurrence Preview Table and Calendar to verify that the recurrence happens as you intend.
Be very careful about setting Monthly recurrences that happen on the 29th, 30th, or 31st. This can cause months to be missed! Use the Last option from the drop-down instead.
Select the Workflow Template to start building from (you will be able to edit this before the Recurring Action Definition is final.
Click . The Workflow Editor will open.
Make any needed changes to the Workflow Template selected. Changes here will not affect the original template; they will only be reflected in this Recurring Action Definition. For information on how to use the controls for editing a Workflow Template see Creating a Workflow Template.
- Ensure that the first occurrence is when you expect.
- Check that the date added is the appropriate amount of time before the date due.
- Check that the interval between occurrences is correct.
Need to make changes to a Recurring Action Definition you’ve created? Take a look at the help topic for Modifying Recurring Actions for further information.
Recurring Actions vs. Service Monitor
How can you use AdvisorEngine CRM to help automate your tasks and reminders so neither your clients nor important tasks fall through the cracks? The name of this game is automation. There are two features in AE CRM that will help to remind someone ...
Recurring Actions Overview
Recurring Actions are one of the AdvisorEngine CRM components used to automate Actions at regular intervals. See Recurring Actions vs Service Monitor to see if your needs are best served by Recurring Actions or the Service Monitor. Recurring Action ...
Modifying Recurring Actions
Recurring Action Definitions must be modified within the Record they are connected to. Editing Recurring Action Definitions Open the Record that the Recurring Action Definition belongs to. Navigate to Workflows > Recurring Action Definition. Click ...
Reassigning Actions in Mass
The Reassign Actions Tool allows you to reassign User-related fields such as the Assigned To or Completed By field from one User to another within the firm. For example, if an employee leaves the company, this will allow you to reassign his/her ...
Creating Workflow Templates
Before You Begin Before attempting to create Workflow Templates for your firm, be sure to have a solid understanding of the following: Actions Workflow Workflow Templates Planning and Implementing The process of creating an effective Workflow ...