Though the bulk of an Action’s content might seem to be found in the subject and notes, the many other fields available working with Actions are what give them their power. Knowing and making deliberate use of the many Action fields will help drive efficiency in reporting and consistency in fulfilling your business needs. Here you will find a list of the available fields and the intended use for you to review.
The location of these fields and minor labeling differences may occur depending on whether you are creating a new Action or editing an existing one, but the fields available are the same either way.
Standard vs Detailed View
The fields shown may vary based on the view selected from the right side tabs: Standard or Detailed.
- The Standard tab will show only those fields configured by your firm Administrator in Firm Preferences.
- The Detailed tab will show all fields regardless.
- Subject: The short description of the Action that will appear in Grid views and reports.
- Notes: Used to log all the specific details of what happened or needs to be noted for an Action. The Notes field auto-saves after 10 seconds of being left idle.
Tip! Press Ctrl+J at any time in the Notes box to insert the current date, time, and your initials!
- Entered By: The User who created the Action. Defaults to the logged in User. For Actions created automatically by system components like Recurring Actions, Service Monitor, or Alert Integrations, Entered By will default to the first User to log in the day the Action is created.
- Created: Shows the day the Action was created in the system. Defaults to the actual creation date but can be edited. If Time is enabled in your Firm Preferences, the Time field will also appear here.
- Time Spent: An optional field that may be used to track the time spent (in minutes) on a particular Action for reporting purposes. It must be entered manually. This field may be disabled by your firm Administrator in Firm Preferences.
- Type: The means of the interaction you’re logging, such as Note, Meeting, Email, Phone Call, etc. The options available in this list may be edited in List Maintenance.
- Category: The broad category of the Action, such as Business Development, Client Support, Reporting, etc. The options available in this list may be edited in List Maintenance.
- Tags: More specific identifiers for this particular Action. These should be more detailed than the Category. You may add as many tags as appropriate. The selection of tags can be edited in List Maintenance.
- Action Required: If something needs to be done regarding the Action, check this box and assign it using the fields below. If the Action is just logging information and nothing further is needed, leave it unchecked.
- Assigned: If Action Required is checked, use this field to select which User is responsible for completing this Action. Setting this to any User other than yourself will generate an Action Alert for that User.
- Priority: A self-defined metric for the importance of the Action.
- Start Date: Date when the assignee should start working on the Action preceding the Due Date.
- Due Date: Define when this Action must be completed by.
- Completed: Check this box when completing an Action that has action required.
- Completed By: Defaults to the signed in User who checks the Completed box. Can be adjusted if necessary.
- Completed On: Defaults to the current date (and time, if enabled) when Completed is checked. Can be adjusted if necessary.
- FYI: Use these tools to sent FYI Alerts to other Users regarding the Action. See Action Alerts for more information.
- FYI on Save: Select this checkbox to send new FYI Alerts to the selected FYI Recipients when the Action is saved. This setting will be remembered for the Action but can be changed on each edit. When an Action is first created, Users selected in FYI Recipients will receive an FYI Alert regardless of this setting. See FYI on Save for full details.
- Select Group: Rather than selecting Users to FYI individually, select a User Group from this list to mark all members of the selected User Group. Choosing a second group or more from the list will select Users of the second group in a cumulative fashion, prior groups or manual selections will not be cleared.
- Viewing: Filter the FYI Recipients box to see only those Selected or Unselected so far.
- FYI Recipients: Use this box to manually select Users to receive FYI Alerts. You can select Users directly or positions related to the Record (such as Advisor 1, Advisor 2, and CSR). The selections on this list will be remembered for the Action but can be changed on each edit.
- Service Monitor: Used to mark Service Monitor Services completed. Please see the Service Monitor documentation for details.
- User Defined Fields: Any User Defined Action fields can be accessed by clicking the link above the Action Notes box.
Tip! Taking the time to thoroughly and consistently set your Type, Category, and Tags will greatly facilitate reporting and searching in the future.
Action Overview View
The Action Overview view is your primary means of viewing the details of an Action, seeing all related Actions and linked items, and making any necessary changes or updates to the Action. To enter the Overview view for an Action, select that Action ...
What Is an Action? Actions are an extremely powerful and flexible component of AdvisorEngine CRM to help you track everything you’ve done. The short definition of an Action would be “Anything you do on, or behalf of a Record.” As such, every Action ...
The Documents features of AdvisorEngine CRM allow you to store any files that are needed and relevant to a particular Record. This could include all correspondence history, important forms, or anything else you find necessary. Note: The help ...
Missing Action Fields or Features when Creating or Editing an Action
When making changes to or creating an Action if you do not see all the fields you are expecting, check the Standard/Detailed tab setting in your Action. Some fields may be hidden when viewing the Standard tab. All options will be available if you ...
Record Detail Overview
Note: If you are still using the Legacy Record layout, see Record Detail Overview (Legacy) for more details. The primary means of viewing and editing detailed information for a Record in AdvisorEngine CRM is in the Record Detail view. Nearly every ...