Linking Mailing Addresses
The Linked Addresses feature of AdvisorEngine CRM allows you to easily list an address more than once as a Mailing Address while customizing each entry of that address for each potential recipient.
When working with any mailing address, there are two components: the physical mailing address, and the information of whom the mailing is for. A Linked Address links all information dealing with the physical address, but not the personal information. This allows you to easily mail more than one person at the same address.
The fields in a mailing address in AE CRM are broken into these two categories as follows:
|Personal (Unlinked) Fields
||Location (Linked) Fields
||Address Line 1
||Address Line 2
||Address Line 3
Changes made to the fields on the right will affect all linked addresses. Changes made to fields on the left will not.
Creating an Address Link
- If the address entry you want to link from does not already exist on the Record, create it through Adding a New Mailing Address.
- Create another mailing address and after selecting the recipient, click . A new sub-window opens.
- Click the existing address you want to link from and click . The address will be added to the selected area. The location-type fields will fill from the address you selected. The personal-type fields will auto-populate in one of two ways:
Edit the personal-type fields as needed to customize for this entry and click when finished.
- If the recipient you added to has a primary address, the personal-type fields will be copied from the primary address of that recipient.
- If not, the personal-type fields will be copied from the address that is linked from.
Updating/Editing a Linked Address
- Click for any address linked to another.
- Make necessary changes to the address-type fields.
- Click .
The only changes that will be pushed are changes to location-type fields listed above. Changes to the personal-type fields will not be pushed.
Removing an Address Link
Address links can only be broken by deleting the address and re-creating it without the link.
Adding Mailing Addresses
Before filling in contact info on a Record, please review the Contact Info Overview article to become familiar with the structure AdvisorEngine CRM utilizes to store contact information. Navigate to the Record Detail of the Record you want to add a ...
New User Module 2-1: Records
Understanding Records and the Record/Person Structure Learn the fundamentals of how Records function in AE CRM. Records Overview Creating Records Learn how to create new Records and what should go into them. Adding a New Record Important Record ...
Handling International Addresses
As the address fields in AdvisorEngine CRM are formatted to expect US addresses, entering international addresses can cause some difficulty. Below you will find suggestions of how to handle more common international address formats by using existing ...
Adding Email Addresses
Before filling in contact info on a Record, please review the Contact Info Overview article to become familiar with the structure AdvisorEngine CRM utilizes to store contact information. Navigate to the Record Detail of the Record you want to add an ...
Linking Items to Actions
AdvisorEngine CRM gives you the ability to link many other CRM components to Actions. This article will cover the possibilities in brief and link to the expanded details of how to link any particular item. The following components can be linked to an ...