Can't Send Outlook Emails with M365 Online Add-in Installed
A conflict with the Microsoft Edge backend will prevent users from sending emails using the desktop version of Outlook if the CRM Outlook Online add-in is enabled for the Microsoft 365 integration.
Apply this fix if all the following applies to you:
- Your firm is using the Microsoft 365 integration with AE CRM.
- You have installed the Outlook Online CRM add-in.
- You want to continue to use the locally-installed version of Outlook to send emails.
To resolve this issue, the compatibility mode for MS Edge must be adjusted.
Caution! This fix must be re-applied any time that Edge is updated through a Windows update. Microsoft 365 Admins may prevent this and make the below fix permanent. From the Microsoft 365 Apps Admin Center (https://config.office.com) go to Customization > Device Configuration > Modern Apps Settings. Select Microsoft Edge WebView2 and then clear .
Setting Edge Compatibility Mode
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeWebView\Application\[Edge Version]\. (The [Edge Version] part of the path will vary based on the latest update numbers.)
- Scroll to or search for "msedgewebview2.exe" (The ".exe" may not show depending on your explorer settings).
- Right click this file and select .
- Select the tab.
- Click .
- Select Windows 8. and set the drop-down to
- Click on each pop-up.
If Outlook is running, close and relaunch it to apply the fix.
Microsoft 365: Outlook Online Add-in Setup
The Microsoft 365 Outlook Online Add-in links the AdvisorEngine CRM email correspondence features to Outlook Online. With this feature enabled, all emails initiated from within AE CRM will open Outlook Online to create and send messages to your ...
Emailing through Outlook Online
After you have set up and enabled the Outlook Online Add-in, any email initiated within AdvisorEngine CRM will open Outlook Online in a new tab for you to draft and send your email. Sending an Email using Outlook Online Initial Options After ...
Outlook Add-in Is Missing
If installed and enabled, the Outlook Add-in should appear above the list of email messages in the Outlook Mail section. If the add-in stops loading when it previously worked, try the following steps to re-enable it: Check Slow and Disabled COM ...
Installing the Outlook Add-in
Before you begin installation of the Local Outlook Add-in, verify that you meet the Email Integration system requirements. Note: The Local Outlook Add-in will not work with the web application version of Outlook. If you currently use only the web ...
Sending Single Emails
Note: Your email integration must be set up before this function is available. See Email and Calendar Setup for instructions on enabling this feature. Launching the Email Editor You can begin drafting an individual email from multiple areas of ...